Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Almost Christmas!

Still trying to work BlogSpot out but it will not get the better of me.  Any hints and tips anyone can give will be great - especially how to follow other QE bloggers.  Still trying to work out how to ask friends and family to follow me.


Just to make things more confusing David set up the blog page but it is me, Christine, who does all the chatter, but with D's input when required (and also on CC).


This time 2 weeks will be our last night in Canberra when we next head to Sydney for a night before flying out via Hong Kong on Thursday.  The hardest thing is saying 'see ya later' to my little family, especially gorgeous Georgia.  But bring on Saturday 10th - a whole new experience and adventure will begin.


When we wake up tomorrow it will be Christmas Eve.  We're spending Christmas with my daughter, Chelsea, her hubbie Jon and our beautiful granddaughter, Georgia, almost 2 1/2 and Jon's parents.  I'm in charge of providing desserts - and this is a Culinary Queen who is not known for her skills in that field!!! There will only be 6 of us for a late lunch (Georgia still enjoys an early afternoon sleep) but being joined by 2 more adults and 5 young kids, aged between 4 and 10, for dessert.  So, tomorrow will be spent in the kitchen attempting to put a little magic into a good old Aussie Pavlova, Blueberry Cheesecake and Trifle to name a few.  Cheated and bought a ready made Christmas pudding.


We're hoping for a sunny Christmas afternoon so the kids can enjoy that Aussie tradition of playing under the sprinkler.  Love listening to the squeals of delight from the little ones.  Brings back memories of my own childhood.  Most of you will be snug and warm in front of a raging fire place, with hopefully a little snow falling outside to really enhance the Christmas spirit, while we in this part of the world will either be inside with air con turned to low, many will be having prawns and sparkling wine on the beach while others will be in the back yard pool.


So, to my few followers, hope to soon get a few more,  have a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous 2015!  I know David and I will.


Safe travels everyone.







2 comments:

  1. I guess since I'm already logged in on Google, this was easier than I thought it would be. We've been south for Christmas once but only as far as Florida - still hard to quite fathom prawns on the beach for Christmas, but, hey, I'm up for trying something new :).

    Maybe now that I've posted something, it will automatically put me on the follow list? Still trying to figure it out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great with your blog. I have it bookmarked so I can read all about your adventures. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete